Monday, November 5, 2012

Apples + Figs

Hey family and loved peeps,

Now that Jen has shown me how to work this bloggy blog, this will be the first of my many enlightening and groundbreaking posts about random things that we're doing. Strap in. Hold on to your butts. It's about to get exciting.

Last weekend, Jen and I went to the Bloomington Community Orchard to press some cider.
I don't know who that kid performing child labor is, but the guy standing next to him is "Big" Joe Betz, my friend and spouse of Megan Betz (also my friend), who writes beautiful words over at this blog. (Check it out if you like food and good people who write wise things).

I don't think I quite realized how many apples are squeezed into a glass. We must've went through seven dozen batches which lead to this:

Then we found a fig (Picture taken after it was bitten in half. We did not find it already bitten in half. That'd be gross.)


The fig came from a fig tree, which shouldn't be growing in Indiana, but the Bloomington Community Orchard is a magical place where the impossible happens...

Like little kids play in strawberry patches while some guy is strumming some Dylan on a steel guitar...
And where people have blue hair and fox-face hats...
And where Jen makes this face...

Thanks for reading. More good things to come along soon.

Best,

Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment