Sunday, October 21, 2012

Al Green + Green Tomatoes

So, it occurred it me today that "togethered" sounds like "tethered," and when I mentioned this to Keith he was like, "Yeah, that's what I thought we were going for." Oh dear. 

I realize we're already verging on solipsism here, so the we renamed our blog, ___________. (Suggestions?) 


Last week, we got some great stuff in Week Two of our Core Farms CSA. We used the squash and zucchini to make stuffed portobello mushrooms, which turned out to be pretty decent. 

Keith took a photo: 

Friday was Keith's turn to cook. We'd done a pretty great job of using all our produce, but we were left with a bunch of green tomatoes. What can you do with green tomatoes, except fry them? Neither of us had ever experienced a fried green tomato (though I did see a movie with Kathy Bates I think?)

Green tomatoes sliced, dipped in two eggs, and tossed in breadcrumbs.
Also, we listened to Al Green:


Saturday was grey outside, but that made the trees along the way to pick up Week 3 of our CSA look even more magnificent.






One of the things we got in our Week Three roundup: cornmeal from Fields of Agape, a local sustainable cooperative farm. Stay tuned!


Raffum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment